Your name: Austin Hawkins
Where you’re from: Kersey, Colorado
Where you study: University of Northern Colorado
Majors and Minors: Biology
Three words that best describe you: Ineffable, Antagonistic, Thrill-seeking
8 questions for Austin
1. When did you first get excited about the world of tech and entrepreneurship?
A few years ago when I realized how fast-paced and challenging tech could be.
2. Why did you decide to take Horizons and what’s been your favorite part so far?
I decided to take Horizons because I hardly knew anything about tech and it seemed like it could be fun. My favorite aspect has been the environment the founders have created. Everyone is learning and enjoying themselves.
3. What does a successful version of you look like on graduation day? How about two years out of college?
A successful version of me doesn’t graduate. In my life I have learned that an education is more valuable than a degree.
4. Tell us what is one thing you believe is true that most people disagree with (the Peter Thiel question)…
That art is more beneficial to society than tech.
5. What has been the most important turning point / realization in your life so far?
I realized that if I want to achieve or grow as a person, I have to be the one to do it. No one will thrust greatness upon me.
6. What motivates you to work hard every day?
The American ideology that if I work hard eventually I’ll be rich enough to enjoy myself.
7. If you were going to be famous, what would it be for?
I want to write one great story.
8. What is your advice to incoming freshmen to make the most out of their time in college?
No one knows what they’re doing, stay away from people that tell you otherwise.
Thank you for reading.
If you found value in this post, please share the love by clicking the ❤ button so more people can see it.
Horizons is a technology school that finds the most promising young people around the world and gives them all the advantages they need to launch their successful careers in tech.